- 50 participants will be selected to take part in the Intl Jazz Platform summer workshop in Lodz, out of which 6 participants will be selected to take part in the FT international tours and mentoring programme.
- 6 selected artists (and their bands. Other band members can, but don’t have to participate in Intl Jazz Platform summer training programme) will be paired with FP agents and will be mentored by Footprints partners in order to organise a concert tour in Europe.
- All the elements of the programme aim at introducing new skills and providing a better comprehension of social, ecological and economic features that are at stake in the future for the music industry.
Sustainable Music across Europe
Music industry constitutes an important driving force of the European culture. Over the last few decades, it has changed significantly, being now at a point of rethinking itself. Especially now, it is facing challenges that are putting its future at risk. The ongoing crisis has unearthed the already existing problems of our sector that need to be addressed systematically and holistically.
Footprints is a new collaborative project that aims at reforming the music sector and introducing the values of social, economic and environmental responsibility to its activities. Created on the initiative of the Periscope from Lyon and Wytwórnia Foundation from Lodz, Footprints is a direct continuation of Jazz Connective project which has been implemented by 6 European countries within years 2018 – 2020.
Footprints will introduce a series of activities aiming at helping all the actors of the music sector to move around the European music market and at consolidating the European creative music community around the values we currently need more than ever.
Together with 4 experienced European partners Bimhuis from Amsterdam, Druga Godba from Ljubljana, Music Austria from Vienna and Oslo Jazz Festival, the project plans to provide education, training and mentoring programmes for artists, agents and promoters.
→ Selection – end of May 2021
→ Next application Feb 2022
- Participants can be students or graduates of specialised academies having individual musical aspirations and interested in modern approach to music. They should have an awareness and a need to expand their careers internationally, learn European music scenes and be willing to cooperate with their peers and experts from European countries.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old and fluent in English
- Participants must live in one of these countries: Poland, Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, France
ＷＨＥＮ: International Jazz Platform (July 17 – 22, Lodz, Poland).
- 5 days of workshops for 50 young artists
- 1 additional workshop day for 6 selected artists to Footprints tours on July 17th 2021 (special seminars on Footprints horizontal values, meetings with the agents and mentors, preparation for tours)
- Participation in Intl Jazz Platform Footprints edition is free. The organizer also covers the following costs :
- travel costs for Lodz,
In addition to Intl Jazz Platform Footprints Edition in Lodz, selected participants will also take part in the following activities:
- 6 artists: participation in the further activities of the Footprints project – a tour with one Footprint’s agent (around 10 concerts during the period between June 2021 and April 2022). The Organizer covers the following costs for artists:
- artistic fees – 300 euro per band member per concert.
- travel costs, accommodation & sustenance.
The above mentioned activities include 2 calls for applications:
- First call for participation in Intl Jazz Platform Footprints edition taking place in Lodz within dates July 18 – 22.
One more call will follow in the upcoming months for the artists that will be selected within the first call:
2. Second call for participation in Footprints tours (Jun 2021 – March 2022). Candidates will be asked to provide an additional motivation letter. To be announced at the beginning of April. Only artists from Poland, France, Slovenia, Austria, Holland and Norway can apply.